January 17th. Week 3
Retail sale is 20% off all Elan underglaze transfers. We have a TON of new designs to check out.
We have three field trips this week. Tuesday is 30, Friday is 21.
Next Wednesday the 26th of January, Ben will teach a free clay and glaze class from 5:15 - 6:15. This helps you understand the difference between firing temperatures, what kilns to use and why, and how to pick your clays. We will also look at the glaze walls and learn how to read the tiles and do a basic dip coat of different forms. This is a GREAT class for beginner and intermediate students.
Students, please make sure you are wiping down the table by your wheel and the floors around your wheel. Staff is having to re-clean a huge amount of the wheel class room every week. If you are unsure what all needs to be tackled, ask your teacher and they will go through each step with you. We appreciate the effort!
Fowler wants everyone to start checking the class return shelves regularly so we can keep firing going at a good pace. Also, remember to put your NEW class numbers on the pots from the previous session that are still going through the firing process. You don’t have to count those with your new tally, we just want them to end up on the shelf you are currently checking.
Have a great week.
We still have to think about the safety of others every day. Please remember to wear a mask, cover nose and mouth, wash hands often, stay at a safe distance, and use the sanitizing sprays to clean your work station after practice times and class. Thanks for doing this. Our teachers and fellow studio members REALLY appreciate it. Please see our guidelines below for more info.
Studio Health Guidelines
As we confront the COVID-19 virus, we wanted to share the health and safety measures that we are putting into place in the studio. As of right now we are planning on continuing to stay open and hold classes. This may change as new guidelines and restrictions come out from the state and local health departments. We will notify members via email of any changes, so please be on the lookout for communications from us.
Here’s what we’re doing: There will be hand-sanitizing stations at both entrances and throughout the building. Please use those as you enter and exit the studio
Mask or face shield rule is in effect! everyone must have a face covering while in the building.
- There will be soap at every sink.
- Restrooms and high use studio surfaces will be cleaned and sanitized daily.
- There will be either disinfectant wipes, or disinfectant spray and paper towels available to studio members to use at any space where you will be working.
- The retail store will have individual cleaning sponges available at cost so students can avoid using the community sponges.
- There are disposable gloves to wear when looking at items in the retail shop. Only 2 customers are allowed in at a time.
Here’s what we’re asking you to do:
- If you’re feeling sick, please don’t come in to the studio.
- If you’ve been exposed to someone who’s sick, please self quarantine for 10 days before returning to the studio.
- Wear a mask or face shield at all times while in the building.
- Sanitize your hands upon entering and leaving the studio.
- Use the sign in sheets at both entrances when you arrive and make sure to use the SIGN UP GENIUS to reserve a space for any practice times.
- Wash your hands every 30 minutes.
- Spread out- work at least 6 feet away from other members.
- Use the cleaning spray bottles we have all over the studio. When finished working, spray the work area and leave it. Don’t forget the on/off switch on the wheel.
- If you’re feeling uncomfortable or worried please talk to a staff member, we may be able to find a solution that would make you feel safer in the studio environment.
- You know we hate to say this one, but please don’t bring in snacks to share.
Stay healthy out there! Thanks for your patience and understanding as we figure this out together. Feel free to reach out to us if you have any concerns.