May 24th 2021
It’s week 5 ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We have arrived at the end of our Wasson Road time. Everyone needs to work through glazing this week to get all pots through and ready for pickup. The last glaze firing is targeted for June 2nd so things can be picked up on June 4th - 6th. EVERYTHING needs to be off of shelves, out of lockers, off of coat hooks, and off of general shelves by Sunday of this week. We usually put things on a trash cart if they are left on a shelf so the owner can pick them up later but because of the move we can’t do that. EVERYTHING left over will have to be thrown out. Please help us make sure your stuff gets home safely. Let us know if you need packing material . WE have some extra.
Starting Thursday of this week, we will have Uhaul trucks and trailers to load and move to the new place. Let Ben know if you want to help with the move. This will be non-stop for the next three weeks. Beth also has the rest of the painting jobs and times on the Sign up genius website.
Year members and Booth renters: We will keep lots of wheels in the pottery painting room with hand building tables so you can keep working while we take apart the main studio. They will be the last things to go over. We want to try to make the disruption in work as small as possible. Chrissy will send out an email to let you know when we can start work in the new place but as soon as shelving is in there you should be able to at least set up. Just keep your eyes on your email and use the pottery painting studio in the meantime. ]
Thank you so much to all of the volunteers who have already put up some painting time.
If you have old clay you don’t want anymore, please take it all out to the dumpster (brown one). We want shelves clean by the 30th.
We have some interns from UC and NKU so if you see some new workers around, Introduce yourself. Make them feel welcome!
Have a great week and make some cool stuff!
We still have to think about the safety of others every day. Please remember to wear a mask, cover nose and mouth, wash hands often, stay at a safe distance, and use the sanitizing sprays to clean your work station after practice times and class. Thanks for doing this. Our teachers and fellow studio members REALLY appreciate it. Please see our guidelines below for more info.
Studio Health Guidelines
As we confront the COVID-19 virus, we wanted to share the health and safety measures that we are putting into place in the studio. As of right now we are planning on continuing to stay open and hold classes. This may change as new guidelines and restrictions come out from the state and local health departments. We will notify members via email of any changes, so please be on the lookout for communications from us.
Here’s what we’re doing: There will be hand-sanitizing stations at both entrances and throughout the building. Please use those as you enter and exit the studio
Mask or face shield rule is in effect! everyone must have a face covering while in the building.
- There will be soap at every sink.
- Restrooms and high use studio surfaces will be cleaned and sanitized daily.
- There will be either disinfectant wipes, or disinfectant spray and paper towels available to studio members to use at any space where you will be working.
- The retail store will have individual cleaning sponges available at cost so students can avoid using the community sponges.
- There are disposable gloves to wear when looking at items in the retail shop. Only 2 customers are allowed in at a time.
Here’s what we’re asking you to do:
- If you’re feeling sick, please don’t come in to the studio.
- If you’ve been exposed to someone who’s sick, please self quarantine for 10 days before returning to the studio.
- Wear a mask or face shield at all times while in the building.
- Sanitize your hands upon entering and leaving the studio.
- Use the sign in sheets at both entrances when you arrive and make sure to use the SIGN UP GENIUS to reserve a space for any practice times.
- Wash your hands every 30 minutes.
- Spread out- work at least 6 feet away from other members.
- Use the cleaning spray bottles we have all over the studio. When finished working, spray the work area and leave it. Don’t forget the on/off switch on the wheel.
- If you’re feeling uncomfortable or worried please talk to a staff member, we may be able to find a solution that would make you feel safer in the studio environment.
- You know we hate to say this one, but please don’t bring in snacks to share.
Stay healthy out there! Thanks for your patience and understanding as we figure this out together. Feel free to reach out to us if you have any concerns.