April 12th 2021
It’s week 7!
Week 7 is our last week for wet clay work. All throwing, hand building, trimming, and attaching should be done by Sunday. If you are not taking the five week class, your shelf should be cleared off by this Sunday. All of your pots should be up for bisque or glaze. If you are in the next class session, things can stay where they are.
If your name is Angela Clark, you have 700 pots in the return area and you need to begin glazing something……anything really.
Our five week session is ready to go so make sure you secure a spot before classes are full. If you are taking a break and traveling for this next session, make sure you clean out ALL of your personal belongings and wipe down shelves because this will be it for our current location.
Stop into retail and check out NIKKI”S SALE OF THE WEEK! AND, the clay of the month is brown bear which is sexy as hell so try it out.
Thanks and have a good week!
We still have to think about the safety of others every day. Please remember to wear a mask, cover nose and mouth, wash hands often, stay at a safe distance, and use the sanitizing sprays to clean your work station after practice times and class. Thanks for doing this. Our teachers and fellow studio members REALLY appreciate it. Please see our guidelines below for more info.
Studio Health Guidelines
As we confront the COVID-19 virus, we wanted to share the health and safety measures that we are putting into place in the studio. As of right now we are planning on continuing to stay open and hold classes. This may change as new guidelines and restrictions come out from the state and local health departments. We will notify members via email of any changes, so please be on the lookout for communications from us.
Here’s what we’re doing: There will be hand-sanitizing stations at both entrances and throughout the building. Please use those as you enter and exit the studio
Mask or face shield rule is in effect! everyone must have a face covering while in the building.
- There will be soap at every sink.
- Restrooms and high use studio surfaces will be cleaned and sanitized daily.
- There will be either disinfectant wipes, or disinfectant spray and paper towels available to studio members to use at any space where you will be working.
- The retail store will have individual cleaning sponges available at cost so students can avoid using the community sponges.
- There are disposable gloves to wear when looking at items in the retail shop. Only 2 customers are allowed in at a time.
Here’s what we’re asking you to do:
- If you’re feeling sick, please don’t come in to the studio.
- If you’ve been exposed to someone who’s sick, please self quarantine for 10 days before returning to the studio.
- Wear a mask or face shield at all times while in the building.
- Sanitize your hands upon entering and leaving the studio.
- Use the sign in sheets at both entrances when you arrive and make sure to use the SIGN UP GENIUS to reserve a space for any practice times.
- Wash your hands every 30 minutes.
- Spread out- work at least 6 feet away from other members.
- Use the cleaning spray bottles we have all over the studio. When finished working, spray the work area and leave it. Don’t forget the on/off switch on the wheel.
- If you’re feeling uncomfortable or worried please talk to a staff member, we may be able to find a solution that would make you feel safer in the studio environment.
- You know we hate to say this one, but please don’t bring in snacks to share.
Stay healthy out there! Thanks for your patience and understanding as we figure this out together. Feel free to reach out to us if you have any concerns.