September 21st. Back to the eight week format.
We haven’t had an 8 week session since the shutdown began so we are very excited to be back in this setup. Stay diligent with the mask wearing, hand washing, and signing in for your classes and practice. We want to keep this place as safe as possible.
The pottery painting studio has created a pumpkin patch of bisque ware for friends and family to glaze for the halloween. If you are looking for something to do with the family, bring them in and have some glazing fun. We are also pre-ordering for the holidays so keep an eye on our stock in case you are looking for those retro, light up Christmas trees.
Remember to get your stuff glazed from the last two week session so John can clear everything early and change the shelves for the new classes.
This session will take us to Thanksgiving so we should be looking at making pots for the Holiday Bazaar and holiday gifts.
If you are new to the shop, thanks for coming and make sure you get in to practice as much as possible.
Have a great week!
These announcements will remain as a reminder for anyone who needs them but do not need to be read at the beginning of class.
Clays of the month are Orangestone from Highwater and Brown Bear from Kentucky Mudworks so check them out.
Students need to use the sign up genius to reserve up to three practice times a week. Class times are already reserved for you and are set on a three hour slot. For example, students in a class starting at 6:30 automatically have their spot reserved from 6 - 9. Students in 10:00 classes have the seat reserved from 9-12. This way they can arrive a little early and get going. For times outside of class, the sign up genius ensures that we can maintain social distance all the time. If you are only using part of the three hour practice slot you signed up for, write that in the comments when you sign up.
We are so glad to have all of you and we want you to understand that this set up is new to us as well. So please give us feedback and let us know what isn’t working so we can fix it. Have a great week and make some amazing stuff!
The health and safety guidelines will always be below this post. We will let you know when there are updates to procedures.
Studio Health Guidelines
As we confront the COVID-19 virus, we wanted to share the health and safety measures that we are putting into place in the studio. As of right now we are planning on continuing to stay open and hold classes. This may change as new guidelines and restrictions come out from the state and local health departments. We will notify members via email of any changes, so please be on the lookout for communications from us.
Here’s what we’re doing: There will be hand-sanitizing stations at both entrances and throughout the building. Please use those as you enter and exit the studio
Mask or face shield rule is in effect! everyone must have a face covering while in the building.
- There will be soap at every sink.
- Restrooms and high use studio surfaces will be cleaned and sanitized daily.
- There will be either disinfectant wipes, or disinfectant spray and paper towels available to studio members to use at any space where you will be working.
- The retail store will have individual cleaning sponges available at cost so students can avoid using the community sponges.
- There are disposable gloves to wear when looking at items in the retail shop. Only 2 customers are allowed in at a time.
Here’s what we’re asking you to do:
- If you’re feeling sick, please don’t come in to the studio.
- If you’ve been exposed to someone who’s sick, please self quarantine for 10 days before returning to the studio.
- Wear a mask or face shield at all times while in the building.
- Sanitize your hands upon entering and leaving the studio.
- Use the sign in sheets at both entrances when you arrive and make sure to use the SIGN UP GENIUS to reserve a space for any practice times.
- Wash your hands every 30 minutes.
- Spread out- work at least 6 feet away from other members.
- Use the cleaning spray bottles we have all over the studio. When finished working, spray the work area and leave it. Don’t forget the on/off switch on the wheel.
- If you’re feeling uncomfortable or worried please talk to a staff member, we may be able to find a solution that would make you feel safer in the studio environment.
- You know we hate to say this one, but please don’t bring in snacks to share.
If you are currently enrolled in a class:
Stay healthy out there! Thanks for your patience and understanding as we figure this out together. Feel free to reach out to us if you have any concerns.