COVID-19 UPDATE 3/16/20
As of today, March 16th, we’ve had to make the hard decision to postpone our classes. All classes are cancelled starting tonight. We will be pushing the March classes to our next scheduled session starting on May 11th(subject to change). Students will have the following options:
- Stay enrolled in your current class for the May session. We expect that nearly all the classes will be held on the same day of the week at the same time. We will communicate any schedule changes in plenty of time with options if the change doesn’t work for you.
- Have your class fee refunded onto an account. You can use this for anything you buy from us- clay, glazes, tools… You could also use this towards a future class if you’re not sure if the May session will work for you.
- Donate your class fee. Some students have expressed an interest in donating their class fee to help offset some of the studio’s losses during this closure and help us continue to pay our staff. This is extremely generous and we are all incredibly grateful to anyone who feels they would like to choose this option. Some staff members have already offered to make pots for any donors.
- Ask for a refund. Of course, if none of the other options will work for you we will issue you a full refund for your class.
- Please email Chrissy with the option you’d like.
This includes studio rental, booth rental and yearly class members who pay a monthly fee for studio access:
- The studio will continue to stay open, but will shorten hours a bit as we limit the number of staff members in the building. We will be open:
- Monday – Thursday 10am – 8pm
- Friday – Saturday 9am – 5pm
- Sunday 12pm – 4pm
- Be smart and practice social distancing!!! We are removing some of the wheels in the studio to keep people at a safe distance from one another. Only one person per handbuilding/sculpture table. Booth members, work within your space.
- Yearly Class Members should look for a separate communication to come out regarding their loss of the class benefit this session.
Retail will remain open for pick-up orders only.
- Policy for Remote Ordering:
- Please email all orders to Nikki. Please include your first and last name and a phone number that we can call for payment information. We will notify you when your order is ready and take your payment over the phone in advance of pick up. Please allow for 24 hours between placing your order and picking up. Call us when you arrive and we will bring your order to your car!
- If you need items sooner, you may call an order in. We will give you an estimated pick-up time over the phone, probably within a couple hours. Please be patient, as we will only have one staff member in the retail store at a time.
Studio Health Guidelines
As concerns grow over the COVID-19 virus, we wanted to share the health and safety measures that we are putting into place in the studio. As of right now we are planning on continuing to stay open and hold classes. This may change as new guidelines and restrictions come out from the state and local health departments. We will notify members via email of any changes, so please be on the lookout for communications from us.
Here’s what we’re doing:
- There will be hand-sanitizing stations at both entrances and throughout the building. Please use those as you enter and exit the studio.
- There will be soap at every sink.
- Restrooms and high use studio surfaces will be cleaned and sanitized daily.
- There will be either disinfectant wipes, or disinfectant spray and paper towels available to studio members to use at any space where you will be working.
- The retail store will have individual cleaning sponges available at cost so students can avoid using the community sponges.
Here’s what we’re asking you to do:
- If you’re feeling sick, please don’t come in to the studio.
- If you’ve been exposed to someone who’s sick, please don’t come in to the studio.
- Sanitize your hands upon entering and leaving the studio.
- Wash your hands every 30 minutes.
- Spread out- try to work at least 6 feet away from other members if possible.
- Wipe down your wheel or handbuilidng station with the wipes or sanitizer before you leave. Don’t forget the on/off switch on the wheel.
- If you’re feeling uncomfortable or worried please talk to a staff member, we may be able to find a solution that would make you feel safer in the studio environment.
- You know we hate to say this one, but please don’t bring in snacks to share.
If you are currently enrolled in a class:
- Look for an email communication to students with information on options available to you if you become sick, are uncomfortable attending a group class at this time, or we are forced to cancel classes during this session.
Stay healthy out there! Thanks for your patience and understanding as we figure this out together. Feel free to reach out to us if you have any concerns.
March 9th, 2020
Week 1. NEW SESSION!!! Spring session is here people! very exciting
This session TUESDAY nights will be a good practice night for wheel classes.
FIELDTRIPS: This week we have 20 on Tuesday and 22 on Friday. Next week we have 26 on Tuesday and 22 on Friday
Teachers, make sure you do class introductions and make sure new students know where things are, and understand how things work as far as practice goes. Wheel 1 and hand building 1 teachers should cover patty making and firing by week 2 at the latest.
Returning students, there are now patties for sale in the retail shop if you don’t want to make them or need extra. John really needs everyone to pull pots from the return shelves immediately. Theres still a lot back there. Make sure you aren’t using those shelves as extra storage. He will have to stop firing class pots when the shelf fills up so keep it as empty as possible! If there is no room on the firing carts, put pots on the firing counter with a note saying CLASS and what firing you want them to go to.
New Students - We are super excited to have you. please feel free to ask as many questions as you need to feel comfortable. Everyone is here to help so make this your second home and practice as much as possible. Ben is always available for any concerns and things you aren’t sure about so have your teacher point him out. He’s the really good looking one with the shiny forehead.
Clay of the month is Orangestone so check it out.
Have an amazing week and remember that we currently don’t have class scheduled for the week of March 24th. Only weekday classes are off that week. Weekend classes are normal. There is a chance we will run classes that week if our conference is cancelled and we have a full staff in town. We will let you know when we know.
Have a great week!